Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can you put paint rollers in the dryer?

So we painted, and we rinsed the roller, but now we need it again and it's still a little wet and won't work well, can we put it in the dryer?Can you put paint rollers in the dryer?
Roller covers are considered a consumable when painting. Toss them and buy new ones. You can get 6 packs at your local home center for pretty reasonable. If you feel that you will need to reuse a sleeve in the future, wrap it tightly in a plastic bag and store it in the refrigerator. They will keep for a week or so that way. No need to wash it. Hope this helps.Can you put paint rollers in the dryer?
One of the problems with Yahoo Answers is some of the answers. You have no idea if the answer is from a 12 year old or a 60 year old. I am a retired Painting Contractor so which age do you think I am closest too.


Like the one saying paint is flammable. Yea at about 1,000 degrees latex paint is flammable. So is just about anything else though.





OK your roller question. I never used the 6 packs of roller sleeves. They are too cheap and leave the roller fibers on the painted surface. I used lambs wool rollers and before I dipped it in paint I got it wet to make cleanup easier.


I wet it then shook out the excess water. Yes the first couple roller fulls will be a little milky but you redo that section. I still have lambs wool rollers I have reused many times.





Rollers are not a consumable they can be reused many many times. Just know the first area you do with the wet roller with need to be redone. I always started in the middle of a wall till the roller did what I wanted. Then I started at one end and did the entire wall. That way I recovered the light section.





I certainly do not suggest putting a roller sleeve in the dryer. There is no need to and it sure would be noisy.


.
please do not put them in the dryer or they will melt. if the roller sleeves are nice and clean then slide them onto a roller cage screw a handle into it and run it down something like a wall and allow the roller to spin dry. do this a couple of times and they will be just fine. there is no need to throw them away if they are still usable. i buy top quality rollers and reuse them for quite a long time. that way i keep the costs down for my customers.
No, don't put it in a dryer, rap it in a towel till it's dryer. Its OK to use it damp.
paint is flammable you should not be putting it in the dryer or the washing machine. Throw them out and buy new ones.
depending on the quaility of the roller i wash and sit them in the sun to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment