Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paint pad vs roller...which should i use, and why?

This is for my lounge area.Paint pad vs roller...which should i use, and why?
Far less mess and splatter with a pad. And, you can cut in with a pad without using a sepaprate brush.


Last year, I painted the huge wall up my stairs, with two coats, cutting in, all within the space of a rugby match on TV.


I was sceptical before I used a pad, but now I'll never go back to the splaterry roller.Paint pad vs roller...which should i use, and why?
Paint pads are great for cutting in, but rollers are faster for the rest. Good luck!
Brush and roller is the way to paint. Don't skimp on either, good tools make the job easier and better. Use a non shedding roller and a high quality brush. Some good brands are Purdy, Wooster and Best Leibco. I tried a pad once for a few minutes then threw it away.
roller...speed
Roller just go slow with it so you dont have splatter
Less spatter with pads and good for cutting in, but not quite as fast as a roller.
Both create paint spray - roller is faster I think.
I am not a professional painter, but I love to paint my home. I always buy a paint pad and never use it. What I do is splurge on a really good angle 2 inch brush for the corners and ceiling line and I use a roller for the walls. The reason I don't use the pad is because the paint can adhere to the upper edge of the pad and cause a mess. I find I have more control with the brush. Good Luck!
I always use a roller to do the most of the walls but always have a good paint brush for the edges and corners.


When you are using a roller remember to put on the paint up and down then across the way that way you will cover the walls more evenly. If you are inclined to slash paint/emulsion over yourself and the floor, there is a roller available with a sort of shield fitted ,also available is a roller you fill with emulsion and roll away happily without spilling a drop apparently, I have seen it advertised on TV but as yet haven't tried it.


Happy painting.
Roller. (my dad is a professional painter) Faster, and it covers better and cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment