Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I stop emulsion paint looking streaky on a wall? I don't like using rollers so use a brush instead

Load the brush generously. Apply some paint, then brush it out in every direction so there are no obvious brushmarks. This will give you a roughly circular patch of painted wall. Keep doing this making sure there's plenty of overlap between the patches. Then when it's dry - do it again.How do I stop emulsion paint looking streaky on a wall? I don't like using rollers so use a brush instead
If you are using good paint and brushes that should do it .So the only solution for streaking is to wear clothes.How do I stop emulsion paint looking streaky on a wall? I don't like using rollers so use a brush instead
You need to paint at least 2 coats with a brush
Mat i suggest you do use a roller it always gives a streak free finish, if you really don't want to use a roller, try a paint pad, these a really good as well.
Are you diluting the paint? Bad mistake if so and there is your answer!
Good quality paint for starters then try paint pads, I find they work really well they are faster than brushes and the paint goes a lot further with better coverage.
Choose a good quality make of paint, the cheaper brands usually need more coats. Invest in good brushes, like you I prefer a brush to a roller. Ive only had a problem a couple of times when I've bought cheap paint. Just ensuring the walls are primed and ready for the paint should give you a good start. Even after stripping wallpaper you can have a good paint job if you have made sure the walls surfaces are as smooth as possible.
Have you tried using a paint pad instead?They are very good!
well the way I do it is I first put an undercoat of white Matt emulsion down. I let this dry a couple of days then put on the colour.


I use a roller as it much faster but you can use a brush.


If using brush fully load brush apply in one direction usually up and down then blend in using x type strokes.


I always chose Matt emulsion as this doses not reflect any imperfections on walls as the like of gloss or satin would in the light..
Don't use cheap paint........false economy.....good paint covers in less coats. Are you using a short haired roller. A long-haired one is harder to manage. Or use paint pads. Paint the edges first then you should have no problem.
roller because it gives it a finishing

No comments:

Post a Comment