Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can you use a Wagner power roller with Valspars Sandstone textured paint?

I am in the middle of painting my living room and I am using Valspars Sandstone textured paint. I have done the first coat and have started on the second, but I am getting alot of uneven buildup spots from the sand. The paint dries to fast while I am reloading the roller and it all looks uneven, so I was wondering if i am able to use a power roller with this paint to get an even look and keep a wet edge. If not, can somebody give me some advice about painting with this kind of paint? Thanks!Can you use a Wagner power roller with Valspars Sandstone textured paint?
I wouldn't, the results will come out about the same. I've used the sand paints a number of times and found that the only way to get full coverage is to constantly stir the paint, and apply a few coats. This will vary in number with the amount of coverage you want. The extra time involved is worth the results. The other tip is the next coat, start off at where you finished the last coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment