Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I get rid of threads left by cheap paint rollers?

When we bought our house we painted it. It was our first time painting so we made some mistakes. We used cheap rollers so now we have several areas on our walls that are covered in threads that came off the roller. I'm going to repaint over Christmas break. How do I get rid of these threads (i.e. sand, paint thinner, etc)?How do I get rid of threads left by cheap paint rollers?
Lightly sand the areas. I always run a lint roller over my rollers before using. You can also use scotch tape.How do I get rid of threads left by cheap paint rollers?
You can take care of this by lightly sanding your walls by hand with fine grain sand paper. You can also break eggs and rub it all over your walls, and that dissolves the thread, which can be easily washed then, with soap and water.





To prevent this problem in the future, you could buy better rollers, use a lint brush, scotch tape, or you could hold the brush out the window on your way home from the hardware store. This way, the little brushy things will blow off.
sand it all gently and re paint with an expensive or at least more expensive roller
Best thing is to scrape them off.


Wash and dry new rollers before use

No comments:

Post a Comment