Saturday, February 27, 2010

Painting for small spaces- sprayer or do it with a roller? Which is faster and easier?

We just bought a paint sprayer and I can't wait to try it. My husband just got done building a small second bathroom. He wants me to paint it. I want to use the sprayer which he thinks is a waste of time because I have to tape EVERYTHING off and think it would be quicker by hand. I am not the best painter when it comes to the roller and I am not neat by any means but I understand what he means. I'll have to tape off the shower, the floor, the toilet and the sink and all the light fixtures.. Which do you think will be the best for me? Taping everything off and spraying or trying to hand paint it?


Thanks!Painting for small spaces- sprayer or do it with a roller? Which is faster and easier?
Use the roller! The paint sprayer will be more trouble than it's worth for a small space. When you paint by hand, you still need to tape off all the edges with painters tape. This may sound time consuming, but it goes much faster than you think.Painting for small spaces- sprayer or do it with a roller? Which is faster and easier?
Here's the thing with using a sprayer, First you will have to cover everything and mask off, then you could spray then you will need to back roll the ceiling and walls after you spray, Cause just spraying will look bad. I would cut the room in first then take your time and roll the ceiling out then the walls. Good luck.





www.frankawitz.net
Roll it. Your husband is right about the taping and in addition, it takes forever to clean the sprayer. The cleanup is so time consuming that it is only worth using if you plan on painting all day long.
the roller would do the best job becasue a spryer is made for big jobs like painting the outside of your house

No comments:

Post a Comment