Thursday, February 25, 2010

When cleaning up paint brushes and rollers i've heard, using fabric softener works well. whats the ratioto use

the ratio of liquid fabric softener to water for quick paint brush and roller clean-up?When cleaning up paint brushes and rollers i've heard, using fabric softener works well. whats the ratioto use
i use about 1/4 cp for every gallon of water. works pretty well for me. doesn't have to be exact, its not rocket science.When cleaning up paint brushes and rollers i've heard, using fabric softener works well. whats the ratioto use
I have some brushes I don't use anymore, they're of historical significance. Really, one is over thirty years old and has painted hundreds of homes.





I wash them clean enough to drink the water, that's my rule of thumb and that's told to anyone using them. Then I spray them with W-D 40 and wipe them, before using I run a wire brush through them several times. Then I wash them before using them again.


I have most of the brushes I started with many years ago but, I treat them like old friends, they've made my a lot of money. They're ';Purdy's'; and other good brands, I don't use cheap brushes.
I just pour a glob of softener into a disposable plastic cup, add hot water large enough to immerse the brush in, then let it soak awhile. Then I wash with a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid and rinse well. The brush is just like new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment