Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is it more ecologically sound to throw away used paint rollers or use gallons of water to clean and reuse them

I use nothing but lambskin rollers, unless using an oil based primer, so I definately do not throw mine out at a cost of 9.00 to 15.00 apiece..I will buy disposables only as mentioned above...Is it more ecologically sound to throw away used paint rollers or use gallons of water to clean and reuse them
In the grand scheme of things, wash the roller, re- use it and keep it out of the landfill for a bit longer. There are devices that hook up to a hose that clean rollers with a minimal amount of water.Is it more ecologically sound to throw away used paint rollers or use gallons of water to clean and reuse them
You get a star, cuz I've often thought the same thing, and now just throw them out. It does take literally GALLONS of water to be able to reuse them, and they are only a buck apiece.
personally I throw them away..Some are very expensive though. But now I create more waste at the dump. water is not going anywhere it will not leave this planet. it will be here in some form. I don't worry about water. Heck now we can even use salt water as a resource for drinking water.
well I use more expensive rollers and use them often so I clean em but I use a brand that kinda looks like long terry cloth I cant remember the brand but they clean much easier look for em when you see em toull know
It is most ecologically sound to buy a professional roller such as a lambskin which is 100 times easier to clean. A roller spinner also speeds up the process and cuts down on water waste. Consider these factors every time you buy a cheap roller and throw it away.





*Fuel and materials used to manufacture it.


*Fuel used to ship it (likely from China)


*Fuel used to move it to the Landfill.


*The waste it creates.





The extra water used to clean the roller has far less impact than the waste it would create by throwing it away. I'm a painting contractor and a tree hugger. I have some roller covers that have lasted me a couple of years, that equals hundreds of uses as opposed to hundreds of cheap dried up rollers in some dump.
dont reuse

No comments:

Post a Comment