Thursday, February 25, 2010

Will washing out Latex paint brushes/rollers down drain wreck a septic system?

I have done tons of painting and have always washed my brushes, rollers, and painting supplies in the kitchen sink or the utility sink. I have never had a problem with the septic or the sewer system. do you know what's in a septic tank? I think it would decompose anything!!!!!!!!!!!! One thing I have heard not to wash down a sink drain is plaster of paris as it will plug up your drain system. Have fun painting!Will washing out Latex paint brushes/rollers down drain wreck a septic system?
washing them outside will cause more environmental harm!

Report Abuse


Will washing out Latex paint brushes/rollers down drain wreck a septic system?
Kittykat where do you suggest doing that?





Professional painters that I know never reuse roller cartridges and them have fantastic results. They do wash out the paint brushes because they buy the really good ones ($10 or more) and if you're worried about the latex in the septic do it outside, it breaks down and is gone after a few weeks.
You should NOT do that! It is bad for the environment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment